“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” - Douglas Adams

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Little bit about me.

So, yeah. I miss writing. I wanted to start again, but what to do, what to do? So, I've decided to write about something I believe in, or rather, DON'T. Religion.

I was raised Roman Catholic, baptized at 2 months old. My dad's side of the family were more the Easter/Christmas Catholics (with the exception on his parents, they went to Mass every Sunday) and my mom converted after she and my dad split up.

I went to Catholic school from kindergarten until I graduated high school.

I was fairly devout through my school career, attending retreats, Mass at least once a week, and even getting confirmed. I didn't really want to, I was threated with homelessness by my mother if I didn't follow through. By the way, what ever jerk decided that smearing oil on teenagers' faces was a good idea? That's just cruel. Anyways, went to college, decided I was more spiritual than religious. Flirted with the idea of a different religion - mostly paganism and Judaism.

I started thinking more and more about what the world was, why we are here, what everything means. The idea came gradually, I knew from the time I was a teenager that the whole body and blood of Christ thing was a little silly, but I mean, there had to be SOMETHING out there, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment