“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” - Douglas Adams

Monday, March 22, 2010

Other side of the same coin

Today I had an interesting conversation with a co-worker. I had mentioned a friend who had been given an opportunity to move to France. I noted that I would have loved that chance and was a little jealous. His response? "I wouldn't move to France, and let me tell you why. They have a Muslim population of about 40-50% and they are really pushing to change legislature to suit their agenda." My reply? (that I was so proud of myself that I was glad I thought of so quickly?) "They do that here too, but it's just Christians instead." He didn't have a response except to tell me I was wrong and that Paris was turning into a slum.

I'd like to know how I'm wrong when Christians on the BOE in Texas want to change school books to present a white-washed view of history so it matches with their twisted ideals. Am I wrong that teaching a SCIENCE class what amounts to a fable as how the earth was created isn't pushing a Judeo-Christian agenda on people? Am I wrong that people who deny gay marriage to American citizens BECAUSE they are gay aren't just kowtowing to an outdated moral code?

Oh, geez, Christians are NOTHING like those crazy Muslims! MY BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment